I was Accepted in Deloitte!

June 10, 2017


Last June 9, 2017, I finally bade goodbye to the world of the unemployed. I just signed my employment contract with Deloitte!

Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is considered to be the 2016 number one auditing firm in the world according to ICAS.com ranked by revenue. It is also considered as the number one consulting firm in the world. So it is indeed a big deal, that I am now part of this prestigious company. I just could not contain my happiness when, after the interview with the manager, I was handed a job offer.

Because of its reputation, immediately after I knew my rank in our pre-board exam in ReSA, I applied in Deloitte Philippines. Deloitte invites the Top 20 performers in the pre-board exams. It had been a few weeks yet I received no call back. I was worried and kind of depressed;  I thought my dream firm was not interested with me.

One day, in the month of May, when I was in a café, an unknown number called me. I picked my phone up. I heard a woman's voice. She was an HR/recruiter from Deloitte. No way!!! She was asking me to submit my résumé and my TOR. And so I sent them and patiently waited.

The board exam results were already released, and it was already June 7 but still there was no response from them. I was in the Robinson's Mall with my brother to pay for our oath taking and other PRC dues when another unknown number called. It was a familiar number and I guessed it right, it was Deloitte, asking me if I can go for an exam and interview at 4PM.

The Call Back

It was a wrong timing though. I was in Laguna and I didn't think that I can arrive in their office at 4PM so I proposed to the HR person to have my exam and interview re-scheduled tomorrow. He agreed and set 9:30 AM. Deloitte's office is in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), which I was not familiar with so I decided to just use my Grab App.

June 8, 2017, I arrived in their office 30 minutes before my scheduled time. Deloitte's exam was not accounting related but rather tested our English skills. There were spelling, essay and subject-verb-agreement questions. There were also synonyms and antonyms.

Being an international accounting firm, Deloitte's focus is to test one's proficiency in English. It needed not to test one's capacity in accounting, after all we are already CPAs so no questions in our theoretical knowledge in audit.


My Interview with the HR and with the Manager

Few minutes after our exam, I was interviewed by a very nice and kind HR of Deloitte. The questions were hard but I still maintained a calm look and showcased my English abilities. They say one way to attack an impromptu question is to answer whatever comes to our minds first. So I just did it. I spoke what came to my mind first cos I felt that the more I thought, the more I gave poor response.

After my interview with the HR, she informed me that I would be interviewed by the manager at 2PM but I told her that I'd go to PRC. So our interview was rescheduled the next day at 10AM. I was lucky enough that the manager who interviewed me, has the same personality I have (I supposed). Hahaha. We share the same views so for every answer I gave, he agreed on it and I think he was liking it.

It was a smooth interview. I so enjoyed talking to him and answering his questions.

After our interview, he smiled and then asked me: Are you now excited to be part of Deloitte?

Me: Massive YES!

He: Are you excited to be part of my team?

Me: Massive YES again, Sir! It would truly be a pleasure!

Then we went out from the interview room and saw he gave the HR a thumbs up. The HR then advised me to take my lunch and return at 2PM since they'd be processing my papers and my job offer. She congratulated me and I was like, "Is this real? I'm now part of Deloitte?" 

Being admitted in Deloitte is truly one of the best ways to kick start my CPA career, and I just can't thank Him more for this blessing, considering Deloitte would only hire 25 new auditors and there were lots of applicants.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook